• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 05:59 AM

Thought that would clear up the whole rotation problem.:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,609 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:17 AM

Thought that would clear up the whole rotation problem.:bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl::bigrofl:

And for the love of Pete, don't involve a mirror...

Thanks, I needed the smirk. :thumbs:

#18 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 10, 2011 - 08:05 PM

And for the love of Pete, don't involve a mirror...

Thanks, I needed the smirk. :thumbs:

Yes it's finally clear except if neither CW nor CCW are present, then would that be a
ZERO TURN ????????:bigrofl::D

#19 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted December 12, 2011 - 08:32 PM

The more I study your pics, the more I think thats not a bad idea. when you tested your hydro was it still on the frame? Might be just as easy for me to control it if I remove to the bench.-----LeeB

It was still in the frame, I took my troy bilt tiller and stretched a belt from its engine to the pulley on the tractors engine and turned over the hydro that way and then just worked the hydro handle. Just pull the plug outta the tractor engine first.

Sorry for posting the thread and not being back on since thursday guys. I've been in the middle of a Verizon outage since friday morning with no internet or landline service till this afternoon. Thanks for all the encouragement and compliments. I stripped all the little brackets and other things off the frame(if it could be unbolted it was). As of tonite I have all the frame pieces cleaned and each one primed. I am going to start on cleaning the tinwork tomorrow nite and hopefully by the weekend I can take everything to the farm to the shop where I plan to paint. I can handle taking pieces one at a time out of my basement door and priming them and then bringing them back in and hanging them, but I don't paint in the basement as it draws thru the house and stinks it up. Our farm shop is heated and insulated so its the perfect place to paint.

#20 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 13, 2011 - 04:48 AM

It was still in the frame, I took my troy bilt tiller and stretched a belt from its engine to the pulley on the tractors engine and turned over the hydro that way and then just worked the hydro handle. Just pull the plug outta the tractor engine first.

Sorry for posting the thread and not being back on since thursday guys. I've been in the middle of a Verizon outage since friday morning with no internet or landline service till this afternoon. Thanks for all the encouragement and compliments. I stripped all the little brackets and other things off the frame(if it could be unbolted it was). As of tonite I have all the frame pieces cleaned and each one primed. I am going to start on cleaning the tinwork tomorrow nite and hopefully by the weekend I can take everything to the farm to the shop where I plan to paint. I can handle taking pieces one at a time out of my basement door and priming them and then bringing them back in and hanging them, but I don't paint in the basement as it draws thru the house and stinks it up. Our farm shop is heated and insulated so its the perfect place to paint.

I'm forging along too. Seeing your progress helped me to get at it. I've cleaned lots of the tin in an e- tank but ran out of primer Sun, so some will need another bath. I soaked the large fender/seat base assembly in a 55 gal barrel with a 36 VDC charger driving the voltage and it came out virtually perfect, even in the corners of the storage area below the seat. I was dumb-founded.--------LeeB:madhop:

#21 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 14, 2011 - 09:42 AM

I'm forging along too. Seeing your progress helped me to get at it. I've cleaned lots of the tin in an e- tank but ran out of primer Sun, so some will need another bath. I soaked the large fender/seat base assembly in a 55 gal barrel with a 36 VDC charger driving the voltage and it came out virtually perfect, even in the corners of the storage area below the seat. I was dumb-founded.--------LeeB:madhop:

Chad, if you're close to your hydro, I'd like to ask a favor. RE: my new Thread in "Mechanical" on the subject of testing the unit. Is the test port for the charge pump on your hydro the same as in my pics, or perhaps different.? Did you bother testing the charge pump or just the high pressure pump? Thanks for your trouble--LeeB

#22 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted December 18, 2011 - 01:30 PM

Just a small update. I got all the Flint grey painted yesterday with the exception of the engine.

100_2015 (Small).jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2014 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2013 (Small).jpg

#23 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 04:14 AM

Good progress. Congratulations.

#24 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 11:18 AM

Just a small update. I laid down a coat of red yesterday on the parts. However my gun decided to act up part way through painting. Of course it was on the hood where it matters the most so I made a trip to the auto parts this morning and I am gonna wet sand the hood out where the gun spit on it and then respray it and give the fender platform another shot underneath this afternoon. Plus I'm going to respray some of the Flint Metallic on the footrests as I am not happy with the way they turned out. Plus I didn't use hardener on the first coat of grey and I plan to add that in this afternoon as well. Hopefully I will have some pics this evening to show. Till then................

#25 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 10:22 PM

As promised here are some of my progress pics from today. I just had to lay the fenders and the belt guard on for a pic as they were just dry enough tonite. This is the stage where I have to hold myself back as I get antsy and want to just put it all together to see it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_2171 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2172 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2173 (Small).jpg
  • 100_2174 (Small).jpg

• Toolpartzman said thank you

#26 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,419 Thanks
  • 39,669 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:51 AM

That looks real good. Keep the pics coming, keeps you from putting it together too quick. :bigrofl:
  • IHCubGuy said thank you

#27 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 08:57 AM

Wow,that looks great.Keep up the good work.

#28 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted February 20, 2012 - 09:07 AM

It's looking good! :thumbs:

#29 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 06:03 AM

I know exactly what you mean Chad. Gettin antsy. Perhaps it should be called "light at the end of the tunnel syndrome" :p

#30 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 21, 2012 - 08:26 AM

You are doing a nice job restoring your Massey. It does suck when the spray gun acts up especially on a part like a hood. Glad you got it taken care of. Keep up the good work.