• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted December 08, 2011 - 07:38 PM

Ok everyone , why do people run the chevy points ? I've even seen them bein used on non pullers. I know there mostly usin accel. Is it because its just another high performance after market part somone figured out how to mount on a kohler. Do they last longer and not burn up? Are there any advantages using chevy points vrs. stock. Maybe this is a dumb question and I should have researched b4 I sked but I always think about it whenever I see them 4 sale. lol Oh yeah I'm gonna try to get some of them pics posted. " hopefully " good thing my life wasnt depending on it . lol

#2 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted December 08, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Though I can not speak specifically to that application, "usually" a mod like that is done for one of two reasons, or both.
1. Cheap and easy to source, when needed.
2. Has a better performance factor, than OEM.

#3 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 280 Thanks
  • 402 posts

Posted December 08, 2011 - 08:11 PM

I think one of the biggest advantages is the ease of adjusting the points. Midwest Super Cub is in the process of building a cover for that point set up.

#4 Salatino OFFLINE  

Salatino

• Member No: 1100
  • 29 Thanks
  • 188 posts

Posted December 09, 2011 - 04:10 PM

Yeah i know they all carry the points and brackets and I think I have seen the covers for them on 1 of them sites. I was just currious why alot of people run them. .I know personally I'm not gonna put them on any of mine. well thanks for the info.