Hydroponics - YouTube
  • Alc said thank you

#18 Biyu OFFLINE  

Biyu

• Member No: 7711
  • 0 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 03:27 PM

I guess the perhaps stupid question is how it differs from hydrophonics? (which I think of the too simple aerogarden)

I do a LOT of online and well most of my stuff on my iPhone (4s) or iPad (1st gen)

On the sellers pages on eBay they inply that this "could" be possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 17, 2011 - 03:32 PM

Aeroponics is when you spray the nutrient solution at the roots in a mist. There are many different ways to do hydroponics. This is just a couple of ways to do it.

#20 Biyu OFFLINE  

Biyu

• 0 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 10:40 AM

Yea Disney uses aerophonics I thought you said aquaphonics tho?

Are there any suggested plants that are edible and are tough? (I have seeds for enough things so I think lol)

#21 Biyu OFFLINE  

Biyu

• 0 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 06:40 PM

Added pics showing what I'm talking about to a thread on another forum so adding pics here too

(hope bbc works)

Posted Image

That's the vase of the ones I'm expanding I think it started with about 12 grams in there

Posted Image

Something planted in them (dont think there doing too well ATM but I didn't do the best job and wasn't quickest when came to moving them over

Posted Image

There's some aloes the 2 smallest containers are planted in these things the outher ones are in Shultz moisture control potting mix

Hopefully that helps show some?

#22 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 07:38 PM

I don't have any experience with the glass balls, but if they hold water, they should work just fine for plants. The one thing I would worry about is light getting in the root system. Light will make algae grow, also most roots like the dark better.

Aqua phonics is using an aquarium with fish to supply the nutrients, I said there are many ways to grow inside. I use some of the easier ways. I would like to build either a Dutch Pot setup, or a Bubbleponics setup.

What nutrients are you going to use?

#23 Biyu OFFLINE  

Biyu

• 0 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 19, 2011 - 09:40 PM

There gel things they claim to have nutrients but if the plants start looking poor I have some general purpose federaliser (liquid) that I can use to help out

If I'm right in general herbs and well what I grow are generally pretty tough so my *guess* is should be ok? I know I can get garlic started in water with light but I haven't gotten to the point of getting near producing edible from it

#24 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted December 26, 2011 - 07:54 PM

I would Hydroponic nutrients myself, they are much more complete. Most general purpose fertilizers only have 3 or 4 nutrients in them and plants can use up to 20 for good growth. I use Fox Farms Grow Big on my lettuce and spinach.

#25 Biyu OFFLINE  

Biyu

• 0 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted December 27, 2011 - 10:15 PM

I'm expecting some gardens alive herb fert--do you think that could work? Or maricle grow all purpuse? --the milorganite and natural like to get REALLY stinky when there inside milorganite even seems to create little worms or the like WITH the stink!

#26 pianotuner OFFLINE  

pianotuner

• Member No: 7799
  • 55 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted December 29, 2011 - 09:55 AM

I have a mini greenhouse that sits on my deck , I'll put some seedling in it next spring and a HF greenhouse that my sister gave me , havn't set that up yet . Anyway this site was linked to a email ad that I got , pretty neat . I belive this is what your doing ? Al
Aquaponic Greenhouse Growing Workshops and Training Hosted by Nelson and Pade, Inc.

Fasten that HF house down right away! Mine got lifted by the wind twice before I got it anchored. You might need extra clips for the panels, and the glazing should have tape for the edges which is not included. There should be waterproof tape on top edges and filter tape on bottom edges. It did survive being mangled twice by high winds before anchoring.

#27 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,455 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted December 30, 2011 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for the tips pianotuner about the HF greenhouse , looks like it won't be until spring before I put it up . What kind of waterproof tape do I need to get ? I was thinking on building a framework , 4x4 posts in the ground with a 2x6's around the edge to fasten the greenhouse to , Al