Wheel Horse Dash Panel Rest...
Philgk - Jan 15, 2018 06:28 PM
A Simple Tip to Make It Eas...
6mikey7 - Jan 12, 2018 01:44 PM
Sears Suburban Rearend Remo...
Mototech - Jan 12, 2018 01:29 PM
My Trip Back In Rototiller...
themoose - Jan 09, 2018 09:12 PM
December 2017 Tractor of th...
oldcuz - Jan 06, 2018 12:38 PM
October 2017 Tractor of the...
grand - Jan 06, 2018 07:08 AM
September 2016 Tractor of the Month
Since this month is open im going to nominate the purple patio that i did for epilepsy awareness for my daughter an my self , the tractor we used was a normal 1972 8 hp 110 john deere that was in rough shape when we got until we bought a 112 that became a a parts tractor to make the 110. We found out at about the time she turned 1 that she had epilepsy so after that i decided that her tractor was going to be a purple patio . So when the time was right an the weather was decent i slowly started with cleaning an prepping it to be taking apart making sure to document the whole process with pictures. Once i started disassembling it i had her helping as much as possible an of course she had a blast helping. The motor was completely rebuilt along with the carb, while the motor was at a friends i was working on pressure washing the frame before i pulled the transmission out to to hang the frame for painting.
Once all the prep work was done finding a purple that would match decals paint an the seat was the hard part, a good friend of mine was making some of the decals so i got a color sample from him so i could match the paint an have the friend helping me with the seat matched the decal material to the seat material almost dead on. The motor was done before anything else an all painted so that sat on the work bench under a old shirt and a garbage bag to keep over spray off it while i painted the chassis white. After about 2 weeks the chassis was all done an i slowly started the reassembly process an of course i took my time trying not to scratch the fresh paint, with the chassis complete an on jack stands it was time to start getting the hood ready for paint. First was repair the cracks in the hood with fiberglass then skim coat it with regular filler to smooth out any imperfections, then came the sealer an more sanding an more sealer an of course more sanding before the purple was ready to spray. the clear coat was normal until i sanding the first 3 coats an adding in the pearl for 3 more coats, the rear fenders also came back off to get 4 coats of clear with a purple pearl added in. My father inlaw came up to the house to put the patio decals on for me so i knew they would be right the first time. An i finally drove it the day before i had to get loaded on the trailer an headed to the Roots show in PA.
- olcowhand, truck21, oldedeeres and 5 others have said thanks